North Houston Brake Repair
It always concerns us when we see a client that needs brakes. Perhaps more than any other system on the vehicle, brakes are the single most critical item of safety. At Adolf Hoepfl Garage, we believe in safe and reliable transportation for everyone. That is why when you have any service performed at our shop, we will check your brakes for free upon request.
Brake pads are a wear item. A driver should expect to change their front pads twice as often as their rear pads in most vehicles. That means if you replaced your front pads last year, the next time your front pads are worn, your rear pads may likely need replacing.
With our complimentary brake check, we will tell you how worn your brake pads are, the condition of your brake fluid, and anything of concern on the wheel cylinders, master cylinder, brake hardware and calipers.
Making Brakes Last
Nowadays, brake pads can last as long as 100,000 miles or as short as 10,000 miles. The difference is in the quality of the pad and one’s driving habits. Just like shoes you wear, you can buy cheap pads that don’t last or buy good quality pads that may cost a little more but provide much longer service.
When driving, it’s best practice to coast to red lights and apply the brakes gently and evenly. When you do this consistently, not only will you get 1000s of miles more out of your brake pads, but you will improve your fuel economy.
Why are our brake repairs at Adolf Hoepfl Garage exceptional? We provide a NO-SQUEAK guarantee on all our brake repairs provided the customer follows our recommendations.
North Houston Brake Repair Service
How do we achieve this?
- We do a thorough inspection of your vehicle’s brake condition, checking for wear.
- We also check your struts and shocks. Did you know that if your shocks are worn out, that will reduce your stopping ability by up to 10%?
- We replace the brake pads, if needed and check rotors and drums.
- We wash the rotors in soap and water. Not many repair shops do this
- We lubricate the calipers.
- We use a special sealer on the pads that guarantees no squeak.
- We clean all brake parts of dust and debris using a safe and effective brake cleaner.
- We road test your vehicle.
- We use a high quality pad that is designed specifically for your vehicle.
- We drain the old brake fluid with new fluid and use special conditioners manufactured by BG Products as needed.’
- Finally, we offer a Protection Plan for all vehicles with under 75,000 miles that will provide between $2000 and $4000 of repairs on the master cylinder and other hard parts of the braking system when the brake fluid is maintained at 30,000 mile intervals. That’s .33 cents for every 1000 miles! What a bargain! That Protection Plan is lifetime and is transferable. The only condition is that you must begin before the vehicle has 75,000 miles.
North Houston Brake Repair Shop
Adolf Hoepfl Garage provides quality brake repair services for north Houston communities including:
- Garden Oaks
- Oak Forest
- Greater Heights
- Highland Park
- Acre Homes